Monday, April 3, 2023

Relatives at RootsTech 2023 - 3rd cousins twice removed

We now get back to my apparent 3rd cousins twice removed.

The first Relative is someone who I had seen in my list from the previous year, and he carried the Bodie surname that I have researched for more than 30 years. I already had his father in my database, so all I needed to do was add the Relative himself.  This gave me the opportunity to add spouses to the father and grandfather, which I didn't already have names for. And I generally find that I can trust someone for their own parents and grandparents, although as I learned yesterday, they can still get two different people confused in the Family Tree, so I still need to be careful.

The next Relative indicated that they were a descendant of my great-grandmother's sister, Mary Edna Bodie, who had married a Hazel. I had 11 of their children, but was apparently missing 2 of them. One of their children was named Darling Hazel, which reminded me of when George and I discovered that he also had a Darling Hazel in his own family tree (the father-in-law of one of his relatives). It turned out that the two Darling Hazels were grandsons of the same Darling Hazel! I was able to follow her side of the family tree down to her using obituaries.

Another Boddie descendant (again, from a sibling of my great-grandmother) was already in my tree, so I didn't have to do anything extra to verify our relationship.

The last 3C2R was a descendant of my great-grandmother's sister Anne. I already had the Relative's grandmother in my tree, so all I needed to do was add her mother and herself. Adding her mother was no problem, but I don't have enough information to add the Relative herself (I'm unsure of her full name). But I feel confident of the relationship.


No comments:

Post a Comment