Wednesday, March 17, 2021

My March through the FamilySearch Family Tree: Day 17 (Jane Belle Bodie's children and spouses)

I already knew that most of my work on the FamilySearch Family Tree would involve the family I had done the most research on over the past nearly 30 years. I took another look at the record for my great-grandmother Jane Belle Bodie:

Jane Belle Bodie: https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/details/KD7P-Y2S

I reviewed her children and spouses. 

Someone had added a son Jackson Long to her marriage with Wiley Long, but I knew of no evidence for such a person. Perhaps he had been confused with a 17-year-old Jackson Long in the 1880 census, but that one was in the household of George W. Long (and no sign of Jane). So I detached him from the parents.

I also added the middle initial for Jane's 3rd and final husband, John C. Farmer. It appears on his tombstone.


No comments:

Post a Comment